Sunday, March 14, 2010

Giving it a go again!


Okay I'm going to give this another try.  I couldn't use the microsoft writer.  I tried downloading it 3 times, which probably has made my laptop worse for the wear.  Seems a year or so ago a well meaning college child uploaded something to my computer to upgrade or something, however it was a student program so now I have issues because it's not "genuine" for my laptop.  I often think I could be much more literate if I didn't have so much help!!!  yeah, that was worth 3 exclamation points right?  Soooooooooooo, I have been sewing and creating even if my bloggy friends couldn't see.  sorry, and it's nice to know you missed me!!!  I worked out the kinks in a kindle case.  It took me approximately 7 tries to get it just right so here are some of my versions.  The first one was a bit large, the top picture of my selvages one.  so I worked out how to make it a bit snugger.  This second picture shows the insde of the current version, with straps to put the kindle cover through.  This is actually the one I'm using at the moment, unfortunately I can't seem to find the "fixed" version of the selvage one.  Story of my life!
and here we have reuseable java jackets.   I've been bugged for some time by a barista friend to make these for sale at my favorite coffee shop.  I didn't go through as many versions as my kindle case that's for sure!!! Only about 3.  These are made from wool felt so they will absorb spills, not ravel, and still give a nice good padding between hands and cups.  




 And since I could finally upload pictures but not get them to go in the order I wanted, here is the front cover of my kindle case...............

I meant to show the back cover too, it has a pocket for the charging cord, but I seem to have missed taking that picture so I can't even blame that one on blogger or my laptop. 
whew, this was sort of painful for me, I think I'll go sew!

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I am so glad you are back. I wanted to say [on your last post] I don't need pics! I just want to see what is going on in your world - so if you have that problem again, skip the pics and post anyway :D

I love posting pics too - but sometimes I don't have anything appropriate heehee, but please stay around - we miss you when you are gone.

PS you have given me a great inspiration to make a cover for my daughter's "mini" laptop [I can't remember what they are called, but they are little bitty laptops, so cute.]

Chris Daly said...

Glad to have you and your pictures back. I love your kindle cases.

Susan Freebery said...

I love your Kindle cases... my Kindle savings is growing and I will let you know when it's time. And you are Rock On regarding the "help" from our loved ones...

QuiltedSimple said...

I love your kindle cases! I'm saving my pennies for one - then Todd can't complain about all the books lying around, right? lol have a great day
kris