Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still bagging along!

 Remember those calendar tea cloths that your grandma probably had hanging in her kitchen?  I have been watching them in vintage re-sale shops and it occurred to me that it would be neat to do something with ones that are from special years.  Oddly enough, as soon as I decided I wanted to pick some up to do something with them, the first one I came across was one for me!  What are the odds on that really?


So here it is as I was starting to cut it up........
Then I added some vintage fabric from my grandmothers stash........... yes I come from a long line of fabric hoarders collectors.  Then I found some cute ball fringe in the stash I inherited from a non family member.
And Viola!  a new tote. 

And the back of the tote.  The big guy suggested I embroider a circle around my birthday on it, but I think that might be a bit much.  ;-)  I never knew I was born on a Thursday, kind of cool!
Tomorrow (or when I get back on here) I'll blog my next vintage textile totes.  Bet you can't wait huh???


4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Gosh I remember those! What a cute idea. :)

SkippyMom said...

PS and I would DEFINITELY put a circle around your birthday...not too much at all.

Jeanne said...

That's a great way to get more use from the calendars! Great tote.

Susan Freebery said...

I totally cant wait! These are crazy cool!