Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowstorm Eli



Now we survived Snowstorm Eli...............


Eli was wonderful, we got more snow, but lots and lots of wind, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below zero wind chills, but we also got to stay inside and ......


Bake cookies! These are my girls favorites. The dough is a sort of shortbread dough and then we put jelly in the centers. So easy to make too, I just cut them with my spatula and Viola! Cookies!





And another table runner! Isn't the candy fabric yummy looking?



Oddly enough, the red and white striped print kind of kicked my butt! I cut it out three times before I got all the strips with the stripes going the same way! say that three times real fast.


And make another bag..................


And get out the Christmas things and finish (almost) decorating. Here are some of our vintage Christmas ornaments. Aren't the boxes wonderful? Some are from my parents collection and some are from Jim's grandmother. I found the Really neat Christmas cards at a local vintage store. That is one cool place to go. It is literally packed with all kinds of "stuff". Some is great and some totally tacky. Items are hanging from the ceiling, walls, shelves, stacked on the floor........... it sort of gives me ADD to walk around, but it's fun! I'm figuring out how to display the new pretties. I put the ornaments in bowls or hang them from ribbons on the windows and lights, we don't usually put them on the tree since they are pretty fragile. I think I'll pin the cards up with mini clothespins. Maybe from a different curtain............

4 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Mare, so glad to hear you've survived the snowstorms. I couldn't believe how much snow you guys are getting again. I've got kids in Viroqua, so I generally know whats what down that way.
Your vintage ornaments are wonderful, I'd love to have boxs like that. I do have one or two that I've found at Goodwill. The cardboard is pretty flimsey tho and the ornaments definitely fragile.
Here's wishing you the merriest of holidays. Hugs, Finn

Chris Daly said...

Merry Christmas Mare. I made your fruitcake recipe. Yummy ;)

Susan Freebery said...

I love the vintage Christmas items! They are totally cool. I need to make up a pattern for Xmas card displaying (sp?) - Nik needs something. Thoughts? I have a huge stocking that hangs to the floor with pockets down the front, but don't think that is going to be the ticket with two little ones running around. When mine were little I had a clothes line and used clothes pins, but somehow I don't think Nik would like that so much...

Eli whooped us pretty bad after she left your house. She didn't loose any steam and now another is coming our way. Let me know how bad it is at your house. We get it here about one day after you got it.

Happy Holidays!

Cowguy said...

AWESOME! Your cookies look like bacon and you KNOW how I feel 'bout bacon. :-)


Happy New Year GM!

J.