Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Parkinsons Quilt

on my design wall today, and for several days..........

This is the beginning of a panel for one of the Parkinsons Quilts.  There are going to be a lot of them put together by people touched by this disease.  My mother was diagnosed with Parkinsons about 6 years ago so I am doing this in her honor.  So far all this fabric is from my stash, things that would mean something in mothers life before Parkinsons.  This is going to be a two part panel, the above part is going to be the inside, and the outside is going to be a kind of jangly black and white strip with a zipper that represents the Parkinsons, but this part will be peeking out of it.  I'll show it as I go in case that made no sense to you!
I found this quilting opportunity on face book, you can go here and check it out http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/ParkinsonsQuilt?ref=ts

3 comments:

Screen Door said...

Love the collage of photos.... looks like my mom and yours would have been friends.

Alycia said...

Very nice!

Susan Freebery said...

How wonderful this is. Nice, Mare. I like it.