Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday happenings... tra la la


Friday.
such a LOVELY day......
especially when one has it off.
and lots of lovely homework to keep one occupied.
I am getting ready to motor off to the blood center where I hope to do yet another double donation, since that saves some time in the long run.  I'll let you know how that goes.  On occasion I have a wee bit not enough iron to do a double.  Plenty for the single, but the double is a bit tougher.  I have been diligently eating lots of iron rich foods this week, including.......
Lima beans.
not my favorite. 
but if you get the little ones and add lots of cracked black pepper, they are tolerable and almost tasty.

tonight being Friday.  And a Lent Friday. I will be doing some tuna casserole.
I pretend it's American peasant food so it sounds a bit more classy.
Don't get me wrong.  I like tuna casserole.  The big guy?  Not so much.
Fortunately (or not) for him, he will be at work so I will partake of my peasant food all by myself.



or will I....................

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I was going to comment about my less than forn tuna casserole memories from childhood & then I saw the cat! Thanks for cracking me up!

SkippyMom said...

How does calling it peasant food elevate it? Heehee Tuna casserole is HUGE here at Chez la' Skippy. In fact we always have the fixings for it in the pantry. If all else fails eat tuna casserole.

Your kitty is funny. :)