Monday, March 5, 2012

study break

Snowstorm Crystal....
I'm taking a petite study break tonight.
when I do such a thing I love to visit my bloggy friends.


I don't always leave a comment though.

hanging head in shame.



It's like peeking in a window instead of just knocking on the door isn't it?

bad me!
Last Friday evening until Saturday morning we were visited by Crystal.


Snowstorm Crystal (yeah,  Crystal arr arr arr) was really the biggest one this winter, how strange is THAT for March?  Last year we were still buried under 6 feet of snow in March, and that wasn't the snowbanks either!


but once the sun came up.....

the snow really did sparkle like crystal.


it really is pretty...........


so fresh.
so white.
so clean.



okay I'm over it, can we have spring now?


please?

5 comments:

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Hey Mare, it was 90 degrees here in Southern California yesterday. We still haven't had winter. Looks like we're just going to skip it this year. Your photos are beautiful.

SkippyMom said...

You guys name your snowstorms? Cool. The pics are pretty, but I have to agree. . .Spring please.

If it is any consolation we had our first Spring sighting of our pal Mr. Bucky. He is out of hibernation, so it should be here soon.

Off to buy some nutz. Hugs!

Jeanne said...

It sure was a strange winter. We are supposed to get close to 60 degrees tomorrow. I can't wait.

Jeanne said...

It sure was a strange winter. We are supposed to get close to 60 degrees tomorrow. I can't wait.

Keep Stitchin' said...

It really was a pretty snow, wasn't it? DH said he almost hated having to clear it out of the driveway because it looked so pretty untouched... ALMOST! The great thing about getting snow this time of year is how quickly it melts! Yesterday we hit 64 degrees and the snow is pretty much gone, just left some large puddles in the yard across the road from us. A couple of cool days and we're supposed to have more beautiful weather!! I can't wait to see the blossoms on the apple trees and the lilacs blooming... it's sure to be earlier than usual this year!