Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Catching up

I'm back from retreat! It was the best weekend! The autumn colors were wonderful! The food was good! No cleaning up was GREAT! PEACE!!! QUIET!!! I did NOT hear ONE phone ring all weekend!!! I swear it does not get better than that!

I spent hours in the art room playing with oil pastels and watercolors. Joy! Bliss! I'll post pictures of those next time I write, meanwhile I wanted to post some pictures from my lovely lovely walks outside. 45 acres of gorgeous woods.
First is a picture of my friend/sister contemplating a little red squirrel who thought this bench belonged to him. He did end up throwing an acorn at me later in the day!
Here is a lovely little stone bridge in the woods.
This is that awesome color I was talking about! Could that sky be ANY bluer? Ahhhhhhhh Autumn, my favorite time of year!
This is the end of the boardwalk down a hill and to a grotto. It is such a special place for so many visitors. On the alter there are all kinds of mementos people have left there, coins, flowers, jewelry, pictures, beads. It is so peaceful in the woods here, I just can't adequately describe it. I feel like it's a little bit of heaven on earth.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time and are rejuvenated! Beautiful photos!

swooze said...

Great pics. I am glad you had a nice time.

Susan Freebery said...

I can't wait to see your photos of your paintings - these nature shots are amazing. You have quite an eye, young lady...

atet said...

Oh my -- love that color red/orange/yellow in the leaves. Almost makes the colder weather worth it. Glad you had a great time -- and boy does it sound like bliss!

JoAnna said...

Your photos are beautiful. I especially love the little stone bridge!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous scenery! I'm glad you had a relaxing and peaceful time.

Kim said...

very nice pic glad you had a rejuvenating time- I think we all need that sometimes.

Quilter Kathy said...

It is so pretty at your retreat centre...glad to hear you had a relaxing time.