Saturday, June 21, 2008

Miscellaneous stuff

Isn't it funny how you always think that things will slow down in the summer and instead they shift up to warp speed! Where are those "lazy crazy hazy days of summer" we heard about as kids? They are not happening here! I was 13 days behind on my 365 challenge quilt and I haven't posted in weeks!!!


We packed up and went camping for Fathers Day with Jim's side of the family.
So, it was fairly easy because we picked a state park that is about 18 miles from home so I could come home and walk the dog and feed the animals, and actually I went to work one day in the middle because it was just easier than getting someone to do my site that day.


We can NEVER go camping without lightsticks.
These are Jim's favorite camping treat to give out to little ( and big) kids.







Ahhh campfire. The best.













Camping potatoes,
which made the whole trip worthwhile for my brother in law.
It should have been two thumbs up but I was hanging onto a knife.






The gorgeous beach at the park. Isn't Lake Michigan fantastic?










During part of our camp trip Vanessa attended Camp Franciscan at our local Franciscan convent. Check out her with one of her favorite "sisters". We sure do have the coolest nuns in our area!
They did art and gardening, music and games, and of course lots of prayer time. Vanessa said one of the neatest things was doing a "Hail Mary" walk in the moonlight. And it was a full moon so it was great timing!


And here is my treasure this past week! Look at all this fabulous chicken fabric from my blog buddy Gizmo!!! http://gizmoquilts.blogspot.com/

I think I will be making that funky chicken quilt after all! Isn't this a fabulous thing to find in the mail? Yup I am totally lucky!

4 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Mare, sounds like a super fun camping trip! I do miss those now that I'm past that part of my life. We have friends down in Port Washington, and know the shore of Lake Michigan well. Beautiful place.
The chicken "stuff" looks wonderful! I'll bet that will be a super duper quilt. Hugs, Finn

Susan Freebery said...

Love the chicken fabric - how totally cool is that?!

Lake Michigan looks so beautiful. I did notice the long sleeves, however...

Camping potatoes - hook me up, girl! I need the recipe.

Dont beat yourself up about the 365 quilt and being behind 13 days. I am behind 364 days for heaven's sake!

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh you've been busy. The camping trip sounds like it was lots of fun!

Expedition Escapes said...

We just got back from a trip to Michigan, we had the best time. I love the sand dunes and the beachs, all the lighthouses. My husband and I are thinking seriously moving there in the next 3 years or so.