Monday, June 9, 2008

oh my aching everything!


This past week Vanessa graduated 8th grade, and we moved TWO kids back to school.
Here is my baby in her graduation finery and a balloon, I'm not sure why the balloon, but I have learned not to question things.



I know, it seems a bit early doesn't it? Well, one has an on campus job and is taking a summer course and the other just got laid off- yes you read that right from her summer factory job. So, since they both have off campus housing now we moved them back.

On Tuesday we moved Becky back to Platteville, see this pretty house?

It's not theirs. But isn't it a nice view?

This is their house, 2 girls and 2 boys, and they have plenty of room! Plus they have that pretty house to look at across the street!




and here is Becky with one of the roommates- or housemates, and her boyfriend Ben. This was our favorite pizza place when Jim and I were going to school here. ahhhhhhhhh memories?





Then we moved daughter number 2. She doesn't have a job yet, but I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for work in a city as opposed to out in the middle of nowhere, which is where we live.
See this pretty house? Nope, not theirs either, but another nice view.
Yeah, it's a trend with me.

So here is Melissa before we moved her stuff into her room. I didn't get an "after" picture because the room was so small we all had to leave so she could make her bed. I'm not kidding on that one.


This is their half of a house. Looks a bit strange doesn't it? It goes back several rooms, and sort of EL's into the big house that it's attached to. It's actually rather charming on the inside. I think it was added on in the 50's from looking at the tiles and the cabinetry. So, many boxes, beds, desks, and chairs later we have them both moved in, in two different cities, and now the house is almost empty again. And on the bright side we won't have to do all this in August with 81 other parents trying to use our same parking spot.

3 comments:

Susan Freebery said...

I think you missed your calling! You should be a realtor. See this pretty house .... its the one you look at from yours... That is hysterical. How great for your girls to have off campus housing. A very good thing I always thought. The kids like that better. And Green parents, that was an easy summer, wasn't it? My goodness, you are blessed.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You are a good Momma to help your girls move into college 'digs'. Hope they find jobs this summer. I breathed a sigh of relief when my 17 yr old DS found a summer job...and Congrats to the 8th grade grad! Now onto high school. WOW!

Jeanne said...

Oh, the moving days of college! We moved JJ so many times during the first years of school.