Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things that make me smile

At last I found a spot for my tin doll house.  I spent many many hours playing with this when I was a young un!  It's in pretty good shape for all that time, just missing the tin porch canopy.  I notice these at antique shops and none of those houses have the tin canopy left either, must have been something easy to lose.  I did let the girls play with it when they were young too, but now it's back to me and as you can see I'm using it for special fabric storage and my journals.  Oh and some lovely hand cream and lip balm that I find totally necessary all the time!

Here is a bit of a close up of the "sewing room"!  I love that when I was small.  I actually had a little plastic sewing machine cabinet that went under the window there. 

here is the nursery and a peek into the bathroom.  the pictures on the walls are just too precious!

7 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Gosh, thanks for the memories. I had one of these when I was a child. Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut through a move. As a military family we moved from base to base and had to keep the belongings on the light side.

SkippyMom said...

If I ever saw a better re-use for anything I wouldn't know what it is.

Amazing Mare. That would make me smile too.

Thanks.

Howdy said...

What a delightful use for a special treasure. That would surely make me smile each day

em's scrapbag said...

Totally delighted with the doll house. Thank you for sharing and for the mug rug. So very sweet of you.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your dolls houses - looks like you have put it to good use!

Cathi said...

Ah. I would have given my right arm when I was a little girl to have one of these. Next time I see one in an antique store I shall buy it & copy your idea for using it. Perfect.

Susan Freebery said...

Your grandchilden will love this - when you get them, that is...