Thursday, August 20, 2009

odds and ends, this and that


I meant to post this picture of one of the Amish fellows hats when I was showing the house updates.
I sort of misplaced it in my computer files. I accidentally named it something else, but it's found now.
I kind of like the hat hanging there like that.

Do you think this is how Noah started?
I know I look a wee bit silly, but I had to try it out right away!
I have since tried it in water and believe me it works MUCH better! I can go a lot further. ;-)


Kim http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/ has issued a bit of a challenge. She noticed that her "sweat shop" was getting a bit out of hand and things were piled up on her quilt rack.
Well, for a little while I thought she had snuck into MY sewing room and taken a picture of mine. Yes, there IS a quilt rack under there!!! So, it's now my goal to get some of those projects finished so I can put an actual quilt on my rack.

Here is one thing done.
I had to change the straps on this bag, and I just put it off for too long.
Done!
I also found a shirt that needed ironing under there, but I guess Kim didn't think that counted.
sigh



Then as I was gearing up to really finish up some stuff, someone asked me to make a bag.
and we all know how I can't resist making a bag, so here is Debbie's baseball bag. She claims that it's the main reason her granddaughters team won at state this summer!
I'm planning to have more finishes to show soon!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Nice quit rack! LOL! Get busy!

Susan Freebery said...

Several things:

1. Are you kidding? That's a quilt rack??!! Get sewing!
2. The sweatshirt? When was the kayak photo taken? Where do you live? Alaska?
3. If you live in Alaska you should have a helmet and bullet-proof vest on just in case that crazy Sara Palin is lurking around.
4. Why did you have to change straps on that bag?
5. I love the Amish hat hanging there.

Greenmare said...

1.I know, I’m working on it! (slave driver)
2.On my birthday, in Wisconsin- yeah, we were probably colder than Alaska this July
3.Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
4.I had used really flimsy webbing, and I had sewn a nice twist in it. Sigh. Don’t go for the cheap when it comes to webbing
5.Me too! But it would probably have been a big ole sin to steal an Amish hat………. Though, come to think of it, they never returned the pie plate I put their cookies on………………..

Anonymous said...

Hia thanks for visiting my blog. Yes the canal is about 3 ish miles from my house. When we do water sports though we go up to the Lake District about 1 -1 1/2 hours away. We use the canal a lot when walking the hounds.

Congratulations on having a finish. I hope you manage more. There's nothing like waking up one morning and knowing you can start something new as the decks are cleared of old stuff.