Friday, August 19, 2011

WhAt'S mAkiNg Me SmiLe ToDaY!

A black cat charm from my sweet auntie!  She got it in Germany at the little village where Zeller Schwartz Katz wine is made.  My sweetie and I love that wine!  We first spotted it years and years ago back in the dark ages known as college, the Katz caught our eyes because my maiden name is Kaatz.  My great grandparents came over from Germany and were told to change the spelling from Katz to Kaatz in the (incorrect) thinking that people would pronounce their name properly. It's Khaats not Cats.  Needless to say, it didn't work.
But I love the little black cat.  Incidentally, I named the big black cat in the house Zeller because of this wine!  ;-)

1 comment:

Keep Stitchin' said...

Cool!
My grandmother's family changed their name from Schmidt to Smith when they came over from Germany; then my grandmother married my grandfather whose last name just so happened to be Schmidt!