Saturday, June 23, 2007

another totebag??????


Tomorrow is one of my God-daughters 10th birthday. Which sounds kind of funny, but we have two of them and they are both 10 now. So, anyway, of course, I made her a tote bag. I firmly believe that any occasion is the perfect occasion for a totebag and I also firmly believe that one is never to young to receive one.

This particular sweetie has the same middle name as I do, which is a bit flattering.

She loves the colors red white and blue- always has. I made her tote reversible so she can decide if it's a red day or more of a blue feeling. Then I had fun filling it with stuff for her. I made sure include a sketch pad and some good colored pencils. It's never to early to color outside the lines.
My other quilty business for the week is a poem I plan to put on the back of my next scrap quilt:
Ahem,
Out in the fresh country air
Lived a quilter known as Mare
She had a husband who made her smile
4 daughters who lived with her a while
She had a dog, a cat, a bunny
Quilter friends who thought her funny
And 81,963 pieces of fabric
(curtsy, curtsy, bow)

15 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

I LOVE your poem, I just showed your blog to a bunch of friends LOL IT made us all happy.

atet said...

That little tote is adorable -- and no, you are never too young. My 2 year old daughter agrees with you completely. She loves her "purse" and putting things in it!

swooze said...

Your tote is cute. I am curious how you made it is reversible...I assume some hand sewing closing up a seam somewhere...does it have a box bottom?

Sweet P said...

Beautiful poem. It will be wonderful as a quilt label.

I don't think a young lady can ever have enough purses and tote bags. I'm sure she'll love her new bag.

Leigh said...

Love the bag and the poem. You have so many hidden talents. Can you hear me applauding? And no it wasn't me who threw that-hehee.

Quilter Kathy said...

Who knew you were a poet?!?
Wow...great work!
Love the bag too!

Kim said...

Very clever--both tote and poem!

Jeanne said...

Mare, you are one talented woman! A talented quilter, gardener and now a poet. You can never have too many tote bags, I always say.

Jen in KS said...

I still remember the first tote bag my mom made for me. It was a drawstring, denim bag with a Raggedy Ann and Andy applique, satin stitched all the way around. I looooved that bag. Wish I still had it somewhere.

Thanks for the condolences on my cat. They are much appreciated.

Judy said...

What a lucky 10 year old to have you as her aunt who gives her tote bags! Love your poetry, too!

Kim said...

that's all the fabric??? Come on Mare you missed some I'm sure :)
Great bag for granddaught- very summery and reversible WOW!
Great poem too clap!clap! Clap

Susan Freebery said...

Oh, Mare, you never cease to amaze me! I bow before you!

Unknown said...

LOL! Your poem is great! So is the tote bag. I'm sure she is going to love it.

Carole said...

Oh.... what a cute limerick. Geez, you're a poet! The bag looks lovely. I'm sure she'll love it! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy E said...

Did you really count over 81,000 pieces of fabric??? You have too much time on your hands, Mare! LOLOLOL