Monday, November 3, 2008

monks robes, scones, and trouble

I've been busy working on bags, and a monk costume and the total mess of everyday living.


The picture at left is of a purse that someone had ordered, the lovely woman who ordered it gave me dimensions and colors and asked if I could do it. Since I never refuse a bag order, I tried making up a pattern as I went. I did have to do several revisions but in the end I think I got it. I was terribly nervous bringing it to her, and I had no idea what to charge either.





Next we have a monk costume for my favorite choir director. Honestly, the hardest part about this was finding cord that was soft enough to tie nicely at the waist. I still have to put on some belt loops so the cord will stay put when he is directing.


Then here we have scones for my mother. My parents live at the Grand Army Home in King Wisconsin Oat scones are an old family recipe that usually put a smile on mom's face. (not always an easy task) I usually try to bring both parents some sort of homemade treat. Last time I brought fresh apple pie, and mom's comment was "no oat scones?" so Sunday I got up early and baked them fresh for her. In true mom fashion, she wasn't all that impressed. Still Miss V and I had a good visit with dad, he usually has some interesting and often funny story from his early years to share with us. and there you have it for the weekend. Tomorrow I'll tell you all about the new treadmill. That would be the trouble part I mentioned in the title.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Never a dull moment at your house. G If you tire of one project, you can always switch to another. They all look wonderful.

Susan Freebery said...

I swear, you just make me laugh every time! How funny you are. Glad you had a good visit with your Dad. I understand totally about your mom, and just remember, "because nice matters." That's my motto and you abided by the rules and did the right thing, even if the scones weren't exactly what your mom was hoping for.

The monk costume rocks. Fabulous! I don't believe you posted V's halloween costume...I am still looking for it.