Sunday, March 15, 2009

SOCKS!!!


Look at these AWESOME socks that Paula made!! And the best part is she sent them to ME!!
Visit Paula's blog here............ http://thequilter.blogspot.com/
go ahead, she's TALENTED and friendly and sweet!




but before you go to her spot, check these things out!!
They have the neatest little stripes, and see those heels??







I am sooooooooo amazed that people can knit. It just astounds me that someone can take two pointy sticks and some yarn and make something useful! and beautiful!!!
I did TRY to learn to knit, back in my relatively distant youth. I took handworks classes one summer, you know summer school to keep kids busy? Remember those days? I was a country kid, so my mother probably signed me up so I'd do something other than play in the creek and read books all day



And look how well they fit me!!!!
I love love love these beauties!
plus they have passed the CAT scan.............





And the LAB work!
thank you Paula! they are simply wonderful!!!

10 comments:

Cowguy said...

If I had socks like that I'd never stop dancing.

SkippyMom said...

No kidding Cowguy! Me too...they are great!

I wish I could knit, but nope. I have tried my whole life, but couldn't get the hang of it.

Now if I could SEW socks...lol..I would be all set!

Enjoy :)

*karendianne. said...

Love me some good socks!

Jeanne said...

Lucky you! They look very warm and comfortable. Seems like everyone is knitting sock these days except me.

QuiltedSimple said...

Love them - very cute!
Kris

The Calico Cat said...

CAT Scan - you crack me up! (I have a pair of Paula's socks too.)

Paula, the quilter said...

I have a lot of Paula's socks! *smile* So glad you like them.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Lucky you! I think I've forgotten how to knit and I only made mittens in my distant youth!

*smile* CAT scan...LAB work...I get it...*smile*

Susan Freebery said...

absolutely wonderful! And, if memory serves me, those socks were probably knitted with MORE than two needles, which is why I never knitted socks... only sweaters and scarves. I could handle two needles, but three or more....nope. I know my limits!

Chris Daly said...

I love Pat's silly comments. Great socks. I'm glad they passed the test.