Sunday, March 8, 2009

Then and Now


These are my new water boots, last Friday. Man do I look tall or what???? Okay, sorry, I got distracted for a sec. My good ole barn boots sprang a leak at some point over the last year, so when Fleet Farm had boots on sale this week the big guy took V and I to go get some. Are these awesome or what? I love the green polka dots!! Miss V got black ones with multicolored dots. I'm pretty sure she will actually wear them to school one of these days.

so, anyway, that was Friday, lots of melting and puddles and
mud...

This was today, snowstorm Kyle. Back our with the snow boots.
This was taken while it was still light out, so you can't actually get the full effect of the last of the storm. It looks like we got about 6 more inches, though we have drifts that are too tall for Kona to walk through. She was a bit surprised to go out for her pee walk, and very happy to come back inside.

So, with snow and WIND, it ended up being the perfect time to work in my sewing room.
Last week at work a couple of ladies had been checking out my scrappy red and pink bag. One of them wanted one like it but with red and yellow......
so here it is~



And one of them wanted a blue and brown bag. So I got two of my scrappy happy totes made this weekend. Whew.
I also got a label sewn on the Mountain Baby quilt, here is the link Gizmo~ thanks for asking. http://rachelcox.blogspot.com/
and I got a sleeve sewn on one of my show quilts.
Oh, I made mac and cheese and meatloaf since it was snowing so bad. It was really bad meatloaf too, so I'll think about sharing that recipe sometime here. ;-)

6 comments:

Gina said...

Love the bags. Great Wellies by the way

Love and hugs GIna xxx

Cowguy said...

The boots? Totally hot.


:-)

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the boots! You are all set now!
Kris

Susan Freebery said...

Love love love the boots! I like the bags, too. It inspired an idea for me. John and I need a large (really large) boat bag and I think I will make it out of scraps and stipple quilt it like I did my sisters bag. I am tired of taking garbage bags on the boat full of towels and can make a huge tote and use up that mountain of green fabric I have assembled somehow.... And thanks for not posting the boat photo. THAT is a sign of a good friend, as well....

Gizmo said...

Thank you so much for the link. I've spent quite a bit of time there already, and plan to spend more. :)
I LOVE the boots!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your bags!!!!!