Friday, April 20, 2007

Locks of Love


Well, today was my hair donation day. My personal photographer
came along and documented the entire process. Even when I wished she would just put the camera down! I think it is kind of hard to tell how long it is in the "before" picture, but the stylist cut off 12 inches, and she thought that at least 10 if not 11 would be usable. That brings the Green girls total donated hair to-- drum

roll please................ 50 inches!
That is a lot of hair to not clog the drain anymore! The stylist also pointed out that I would be using a lot less shampoo. The only thing I've noticed so far is that MY NECK IS COLD! I also won't be wearing a pony tail anytime soon!

The website to learn more about Locks of Love is http://www.locksoflove.org/






14 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Congratulations! The new 'do is cute, too!

Leigh said...

Good for you. Your new style is very classy! :-))

Kim said...

Your new style looks great!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, your new do is very becoming!! And what an awesome thing to do.

Sweet P said...

Congrats to you. My DIL does the same with her thick gorgeous hair. She cut it off for their wedding last year and it's about ready for another cut.

Love the new look!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great cause...good for you!
Very brave!

Susan Freebery said...

OK, so I have this big lump in my throat! The Green Girls are wonderful and your cut is beautiful!

You know, your neck won't get cold here in sunny, Florida.... wink wink.

atet said...

LOVE the new do! As if that wasn't enough, a donation that will mean so much to someone. Fantastic!

Darlene said...

Way to go, Mare! I love the new "do" - that's how I wear my hair!

swooze said...

Cute cut! How nice of you to donate your hair!

bingo~bonnie said...

I am sure your friends and family have already told you - but you look so much younger in your after photo! Who knew taking off 12 inches could also take off 12 years? :c)

What a wonderful thing to do for charity!!! ~Bonnie in SE Texas

Nicole & Phil said...

hat a great thing to do with your left over hair....now that is another stashbusting idea! LOL
You will find the new hairstyle easy to look after!
Enjoy....or will you grow it out again to donate to the locks of love again?

Unknown said...

Wha a generous donation- and you look great!

Carole said...

Congrads! That is a wonderful act! My nine year old daughter also grew her hair for this purpose. What a challenge it was for us to have her brush her hair! lol Thanks for sharing!